Friday, July 8, 2011

YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO SEE IT BUT GOD CAN

I want to start out this blog by saying "If you cannot see where your live is headed, please ALWAYS remember that God can". This blog stems from a question that I posted in one of my groups on Facebook, "The Belie(ve)F Plan". I asked the question " What is the best advice that you could give someone who is at a crossroad in life"? Although I shared my response, a little while later God dropped this in my spirit, "If you cannot see where your life is headed, ALWAYS remember that I can". So what does this mean? What do you think about when you hear someone is at a crossroad in life? The vision came to me of a railroad track with the sign that says "DO NOT CROSS". Two situations that come to me when I think about crossroads are first, the person who has everything and loses it and second, the person that has nothing and gains something! When you come to a crossroad in life you have three choices: you can either stand there and wait and not cross, you can either cross or you can get on the train whichever one that needs to be done please make sure you consult God FIRST.

Sometimes God will bring us to a point where we have no choice but to consult Him or seek Him. There will be a point maybe where we are always use to talking to our friends or family about something or getting advice from Him and one day there may come a time when none of them will be available and in return this may upset you and you may feel like they are not being there for you but its not that, its just the fact that God is trying to get you to the point where you will consult Him because He has ALL the answers, everyone else has advice, opinions, or suggestions. I have been to that point where I was used to talk to certain family or friends and one day they were not available and eventually I just prayed and this happened a couple of times but it definitely help me to rely on God and Him alone.

Then there may come a time when you may lose everything! When this happens this is definitely a crossroads because some may turn against God(for a moment,), some may grow closer to Him this is the crossroad. We wont understand why we are losing stuff, is God mad at us? Have we done something wrong? Does God hate us? What is going on? There answers is NO to all those questions. God is a loving God and He is slow to anger but yet again this is His way of showing us how to trust and depend on Him. Many times we are so focused on materalistic things, careers, school, friends, family, etc that we spend no time with God. My pastor(Pastor Munsey) always says that the things that you focused on the most are your god because thats who you give your attention to, that is who or what you invest in the most. So when things happen remember that they happen for a reason not to hurt you but to HELP you.

The reason why I brought up the person who has nothing but gains something because God tells us in his word that
   “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it. What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self? Whoever is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of them when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God"(Luke 9:23-27, NIV).

You see sometimes when we lose we really GAIN, there are so people who just live on FAITH, they are living paycheck to paycheck but they dont complain, they appreciate the little that they do have and because of that they are blessed. God blesses us all the time, we just have to open not only our eyes but our hearts to recieve. God does give and take away but only for our God! What we lose for Him, He will give back ten fold. Once we start walking, talking and building a relationship with God our we and our lives will change. We won't be with the same people, we won't go to the same places, we won't have the same ways or things but we will be better. We must apprecate the things that we go through in life and eventually God will show us why we went through it and most times we go through things not for ourselves but for others. Testimonies definitely help other people.

I would like to leave you all with this scripture Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, plans to prosper you NOT to harm you, plans to give you HOPE and  FUTURE. Remember this scripture, mediate on it, say it to yourself daily and seek God daily.

God Bless you all and thanks for reading.

Nicole L.

No comments:

Post a Comment