Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Take Your Time

It has been a while since I published to this blog and I apologize to my readers and subscribers for that. I will be posting a lot more now. Sometimes God has to work on us and I have been allowing God to do that. I recently published a women's devotional entitled "The Women's Restoration Devotional" and as I was talking with one my sisters in Christ that is currently reading the devotional; I asked her how the devotional was going and her response was "to be honest I am still on day one because God is dealing with me, there are some issues that I never faced before". That small conversation and her response blessed me tremendously. It also humbled me and God sent me the message "take your time". How many times do we rush into things or even THROUGH things. How much calmer would we be and our lives be if we took our time?

If we would take the time out to let God heal us, deliver us, finish the good work within us, how peaceful would our lives be? In this world we are constantly on the move and rushing to get where we need to be but spiritually, rushing will hinder us. We feel like we have to get this and that done but what happens after it is done? It is important that we get understanding from everything that we do or every situation that we experience, there is a lesson to be learned. Many times we rush through something without having really learned from it and then we are presented with a similar situation later on down the line.

I too, have read many devotionals and I am currently reading one now but I started thinking to myself how much more would I have learned if I would have taken my time not only reading those devotionals but studying them as well? How much more would I have learned if I would have let them sink in my spirit. How much peace would I have now if I would just take my time? I thank God for the conversation with my sister in Christ that day because I needed that and she does not know how much of a blessing her words were to me that day. So my message to you today is TAKE YOUR TIME! Let's learn to be on Gods timing and not our own.

I would encourage you to check out the devotional that God placed on my heart to write. Some of the stories are my own personal stories and some are just stories that we can all relate too. It is a 14 day devotional along with a 14 day prayer guide. The Kindle Version can be purchased at Amazon as well as the paperback. The paperback version can also be purchased on CreateSpace. If you do decide to purchase it, I pray that it is a blessing to you and even if you do not decide to purchase it, I pray nothing but peace, joy, love, and many blessings to you all.

God Bless,
Nicole Lofton
Founder of F.A.C.E. I.T. (Faith Advocates through Christ Excelling Individually & Together)




No comments:

Post a Comment